Thursday, March 17

Life's Too Short & Groceries Too Expensive


Okay, I honestly gave it my best shot this time. In a previous post I did a review of the recipe for Hannah's Best Butterscotch Cookies, from the Joanne Fluke book Gingerbread Cookie Murder. I wasn't thrilled with the results then and thought it might be due to the ingredients I used. I did the taste test for the white chocolate chips and used the one chosen by my co-workers. (See the March 1, 2011 post for the results.)

I bought a "fancy" (more expensive) vanilla extract to use. I used a different brand of cashews, one that my son said was way better than the other brand. And he should know since he ate all the leftover nuts. I even used a different brand of butterscotch chips. I still don't think the cookies turned out very tasty. To me they seemed floury or maybe doughy. I played with the baking time to see if a longer one would help, it didn't matter. My husband really likes these cookies, but then, he likes raw cookie dough too. Maybe that is the problem, this recipe reminds me too much of raw cookie dough. 

Life is too short and groceries too expensive, so this is not a recipe I would make again. But never fear, I will continue to try recipes and report my findings. As a matter of fact, I recently baked up a batch of Chocolate Overload Cookie Bars. The recipe is from another Joanne Fluke book, Peach Cobbler Murder. So check back for the recipe, pictures, and my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment